Conditions of using our website
1. This website promotes the business referred to on it. In these conditions, the business will be referred to as ‘we’ and/or ’our’.
About these conditions
4. If you access or use any part of this website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not access or use this website.
Using this website
If you provide content for this website
8. If you provide any material to this website (for example, by providing ratings and reviews, comments, articles, or uploading any other content in any format (including video) (each “User Content”). You agree to grant us permission, irrevocably and free of charge, to use User Content (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide, for our own marketing, research and promotional activities and our internal business purposes which may include providing the User Content to selected third party partners, service providers, social media and networking sites.
If you send a message through this website
14. This website is provided by Altiel. Altiel shall have the right to scan messages sent using the contact form on this website manually and automatically and to store such messages. Any personal data you include in such messages may be (a) used by Altiel for purposes reasonably associated with provision of this website and services, (b) disclosed where disclosure is required by law, and (c) used where any of your actions have breached these Conditions of Use. Personal data may be used by Altiel in an aggregated form.
15. You use the website at your own risk.
16. You should not rely on the website for advice.
17. As far as the relevant laws allow, we do not guarantee that:
b. the computer or server you use to log on to the website is free of viruses or other harmful programs.
Limits to our liability
18. There is no limit to what we and the people who provide our services will be liable for if someone dies or is injured because of our negligence or because we have committed fraud.
The whole agreement
21. These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
22. If we are a company based in the United States: The laws of the state of New York (without reference to its conflict of laws principles) apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United States. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although, these places may have different laws from the laws of the state of New York, by using the website you agree that the laws of the state of New York will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country and/or state that you live in.
All prices will be those ruling at the date of delivery and those quoted. ALTIEL price lists do not constitute an offer. All prices are exclusive of any applicable value-added tax, which the customer shall be additionally liable to pay to ALTIEL. Uncontrollable events and delays In case of delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of ALTIEL or ALTIEL suppliers, ALTIEL shall have the right to either suspend deliveries without notice or cancel the contract without liability. By way of illustration and not of limitation, the following are to be treated as uncontrollable events: strike, lockout, riot, revolution, mobilisation, war, epidemic, official regulations, transportation difficulties, working difficulties, machine breakdowns, fires, failure of suppliers, or other causes, whether similar or not.
Products are supplied subject to the following conditions:
A. Products shall remain in their original packaging and the marks, numbers or references indicated on the Products or packaging shall neither be covered, defaced, altered nor erased.
B. Products normally shall be resold at any trade level only by qualified personnel and in premises suitable for their storage, display and sale under satisfactory conditions.
Law of the contract
In the case of legal disputes, the law and the courts of England shall apply.
Customer order conditions
Any provisions of the customer's order which conflict with, or are in addition to, the general terms and conditions of sale or any special terms of business shall be excluded. Consequences of the non-application of a clause in the present Terms and Conditions of Sale. Should any of these general terms of business and conditions of sale be inapplicable, this would not imply that the rest of the present terms do not remain valid.
Any verbal agreement which does not conform to the present terms, shall not be binding on ALTIEL unless it has been confirmed by ALTIEL in writing.
Credit and payment
A. Unless otherwise agreed, the granting of credit facilities is made on the condition that payment is received by ALTIEL at the postal address referred to above, 30 days after the date of invoice, and ALTIEL reserves the right to withdraw credit facilities forthwith if this condition is not observed.
B. ALTIEL may charge interest on overdue accounts until the date of actual payment at the monthly rate of 2% of the overdue balance, such amount being payable without prejudice to ALTIEL’s other rights and before as well as after judgement.
C. Where a customer elects to make a payment by credit card, ALTIEL will charge a 2% surcharge on the value of the items purchased. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
A. Products supplied by ALTIEL are delivered at the risk of ALTIEL, unless a customer stipulates a special method of delivery, in which event Products are delivered at the risk of the customer and an extra charge may be made for delivery.
B. Any stated delivery date constitutes only a warranty by ALTIEL to use reasonable endeavours to affect delivery by or about that date. No liability will be accepted by ALTIEL for failure to meet delivery dates, however caused.
C. In any event, any liability for loss or damage in the course of delivery shall in all circumstances whatsoever be limited (at the option of ALTIEL) to the repair or replacement of the Products concerned or to the crediting of the customer with the invoice value of such Products.
D. In the event of damage, the customer must advise ALTIEL of any such damage, within 48 hours of delivery. No claim for damage will be allowed if advice is beyond this period.
Where delivery is to be made by instalments, each delivery shall be deemed for such purpose to be the subject of a separate contract and any failure whatsoever by the seller in respect of any one delivery shall not entitle the buyer to repudiate the contract or any instalments remaining to be delivered thereunder.
Title in the goods shall not pass to the buyer until the Seller has been paid in full for the Goods.
Product may only be returned to ALTIEL after first obtaining ALTIEL’s agreement to do so. Whenever ALTIEL agrees to accept goods for return, it will do so by issuing a Returns Material Authorisation (RMA) number. ALTIEL delivery carriers are not authorised to collect Products for return without an appropriate reference number and any items received at CU's warehouses that do not clearly display an authorised RMA number will be rejected. All returns must be completed within 10 working days of the issue of an RMA number.
Any products received visibly damaged must be notified, in writing or via-email, to ALTIEL within 48 hours of receipt. All such units will be replaced provided the damage was incurred prior to receipt by either the customer or the customers carrier.
Receipts of incorrect shipments must be notified, in writing or via e-mail, to ALTIEL within 5 working days of ALTIEL invoice date. All such disputes will be resolved through arbitration using all the information available at that time e.g. proof of delivery.
ALTIEL reserves the right to alter or amend these General Terms and Conditions of Sale for any particular class of Products or customer.